10 January 2012

Night Slayer

Here is a remake of a very old drawing. It's a WIP (work in progress) so don't think it is done yet. Night Slayer is the name of the piece and the original version is so old it would take some time going through my files to find it. Just to let you know how old the image is: it was the first digital drawing I ever did, which was back in 2007.
I have to do a shout out to my friend Caitlin who was telling me about how to do make-up shadows on men and women. For some reason it did not occur to me that the shadows would be different between men's and women's faces. *face palm* So with that in mind I decided to play with shadows and do this painting. I hope you can tell it's a guy because looking back at the old painting the viewer couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl.
Thank you Caitlin!

Edit: wow, my painting looked a lot better before blogger shot down the resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment